Wednesday, September 09, 2015

A blurry road ahead

So my close friend/coworker quit last Friday and put in her two weeks notice.
Honestly, I'm so happy for her because she got a new gig and everything with amazing pay, it's like 10 mins from her house and in a really good, structured company with good people. And benefits! Like 401k, health, vacation etc.
It's like pretty damn close to a dream job in the fashion industry anyways. I'm really stoked for her because she'll finally be happy and less stressed about her career, which will make me happy to see her happy!

But I'm feeling really worried and scared about my future in the company that I'm at now.
It's her last two weeks and this whole time since I started working there we've been each other's support team and always venting with each other and giving the other advice and stuff whenever we're stressed out about work and stuff.  It really helps to release stress when we're getting anxiety attacks at work and just getting really upset about work or our bosses.

Well now that she's going to be leaving, I feel really weird....and kind of sad....

  • For one, I feel like everyone is moving on and I'm getting left behind ... (two other close friends of mine already quit to go to other jobs and two other coworkers got fired!) I don't wanna be left all alone AAAHHHHHH. It's gonna be hell.
  • Secondly, I'm gonna lose pretty much my entire support team and I won't be able to talk/vent/confide in anyone (which helps me stay less stressed at work).  And work just won't be fun at all anymore! She's the only one that I laugh and mess around with all day and it makes the job bearable. Other people barely talk to me or they're just all dead quiet.
  • Thirdly, I won't even know where I stand in the company or what the hell my job/role is going to be anymore since I worked directly under her and she gave me most of the guidance and direction and instructions, etc...and since  she's leaving, they're closing down my entire department and moving the whole thing to Colorado where my top boss works remotely from. So what the hell will I even be doing?!  I might not even HAVE a job/role since they're removing my freaking entire department?!
So I'm just really worried and freaking out about this. I'm really dreading what life is going to be like once she's gone and what kind of atmosphere it will turn into for me without someone to TALK to. I really don't want to be even more depressed about work ... because I ALREADY AM depressed about it enough as it is!

So idk... I don't really know what to do?

I mean if it gets too bad should I just quit without having another job lined up? Or should I just start applying now and then hopefully get another job and just switch over ASAP??

AAAHHHHH I'm gonna die from anxiety and stress.





4 comments:

Tea said...

APPLY FOR ANOTHER JOB. YOU GOT TWO WEEKS.
IF YOU CAN'T GET ONE BY THE TIME YOUR FRIEND LEAVES
I SAY DROP THE JOB AS CRAZY AS IT SOUNDS. QnQ
I'd rather have you feeling depressed at home jobless and could be working on your future design line than
being cooped up in an office where you might not even be there for long.
The anxiety is going to kill you. Q______Q

Even though it's hard, we can start an online business too. I have so much credit to be honest. I don't mind using it somewhere useful. <_<;;
Paying off credit monthly isn't that bad either, I mean it's nice to not have it, but if we can get enough revenue to pay it off and profit??? EVEN BETTTEERRR. RIGHT RIGHT?

Tea said...

THE GRASS ON THE OTHER SIDE IS EITHER GREEN OR FILLED WITH WEED.

EITHER ONE IS BETTER THAN YOUR CURRENT JOB ANYWAYS. QuQ

Lynna said...

GRASS IS PROBABLY ACTUALLY GREENER. which is why this is depressing HAHAHa.

I'll take your advice and start applying to some jobs :'''D
And i guess by the time she leaves, I'll continue for another week and see what kind of job they're gonna give me and how the atmosphere is. If it's really bad then I'll leave ~~

I WANNA DESSSIIIIGGGGNNNNN.

why can't my freelance boss just hire me on full time ;~~~; I can do this all daaayyy.

AiMidori said...

Yea I think you should may work another week or two to see what they want you to do, but in the meantime also apply to other jobs.
Having coworkers you connect with in a work place is so important. You definitely need that support and venting you guys give to each other. Its the reason I love working at the B&BW store I work at now, all the girls are so funny and nice. Sorry to hear your coworker is leaving tho. :(